Tuesday, February 21, 2012

choices

So, I finished my 6 week challenge at the Y and my total weight loss since the beginning of Whole30 is still 14 lbs.  I'm at 151.6 now.  That might not sound like a big deal to most, but I am really proud of that!  It is really hard for a 40 yr old to lose weight!

The sad part is that I still have it in my mind that I can eat junk and be happy in my body.  My experimentation is officially over - after 19 days.  My blood pressure was up today when I went to the doc, and I can probably attribute it to my chocolate and cookie intake over the past couple of days.

 Last week I ditched diet coke for good.  I'm not going to make any other declarations about what food I am or am not going to eat, but I don't really miss bread -- and I won't miss what it does to my system!  And sugar is really the enemy.  Not a new truth, but one that needs to be ever present in my daily life.

My pride makes me not like eating paleo because it seems like such a cool fad that cool people do.  I don't want to just be in the latest fad.  So, I need to just not care about that and do what's right for me.  The one thing I don't want to do is be annoying at holidays and family functions.  But I'll figure that out soon enough!

annafit4life signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment