Saturday, January 14, 2012

Achy hips

For the past two days my hips have mysteriously been aching.  They feel like someone punched them and they got bruised.  So today I was with one of my friends and she randomly mentioned that her hips hurt when she detoxed caffeine several years ago.  Hm.  I'm still having caffeine in coffee and tea, but maybe this explains my strange ache.  Hope it goes away soon.  Buh-bye toxins!  Poof!

I had some really strong cravings this evening after I had dinner.  I was picking up bbq for Jordan and on my way home the Braum's Ice Cream sign was like a Siren calling.  "I am so wonderful and good, please come..." Clearly, I kept on driving, but I wondered how to combat this nag -- other than asking Holy Spirit for help.

When I got home, I heated up a sweet potato that I baked a couple of days ago.  I guess I really didn't get full from my spinach "taco" salad, so the warm sweet potato really satisfied!  I have just been putting salt on the sweet potato and calling it good.  Well, it actually is good that way.  I don't need all the oozy butter and brown sugar to enjoy it.  Now acorn squash is another story.  That is much more difficult to eat the Whole30 way because the texture is weirder.

I still LOVE the smell of bread but today I am happy to report that I didn't feel the pull to eat it when we had Panera bagels for breakfast at our church retreat (asiago is my fav) and Hideaway pizza for lunch.

Progress is so wonderful!

annafit4life

No comments:

Post a Comment