Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm on day WHAT?!

Seriously!  This is only day 4!  OH MY GOODNESS!  I'm expending SO much thought into what I eat at every meal.  Maybe that's why I've been so tired.  LOL! And I might be just a little grumpy.  So, I'm learning how to depend on Holy Spirit for joy -- reflecting on the benefits and future glory of this way of eating.

I'm the first one to say that I hate the word "boring" -- life is so exciting and there are so many things to do, that one should never have time for boredom.  However, I must admit that I have thought that the food I'm eating is getting a bit boring.  So many experiences and flavors lost.  Gone.  I have made eggs for breakfast in so many different ways -- but it's just that eggs are the easiest most breakfasty thing for me to eat.  I haven't gone to eating steak or chicken for breakfast yet.  Maybe later.

Then add in that I have to feed my family and they can eat normal things.  I made steak and salad for Jordan and I and the kids got tacos.  But all of my guys had a side of rice.  I like rice.  It smells good.  It tastes good -- especially with butter, salt and pepper!

I know this will get better -- well I hope -- but my bloating is still around.  This has me quite intrigued since I was blaming bread and "bad" carbs on that.  I'm going to start tracking my blood pressure tomorrow to see what I observe.

My enjoyable splurges of the day:
balsamic vinegar (made a good salad dressing)
cafe americano
grapes (tasted good in the steak salad w. the dressing)

I have a good life.   I'm blessed with good children and a husband that adores me.  I must not lose focus.  This is doable.  I am just more aware of my weaknesses and I don't like it too much. After starting the 2nd book of Corinthians this morning I was reminded that God loves to comfort.  I need to look to him for my comfort -- and he'll be there.

2 comments:

  1. My bloating may be part of the healing process according to my Whole30 literature. Hm.

    "Think about it like this – if you are allergic to tree pollen, and that tree is right outside your house, you wake up every morning feeling the effects. Your eyes are a itchy, your nose is a runny, your head aches just a bit. But day after day, exposed to the same allergy... those feelings start to become your “norm”. You no longer notice the headache or itchy eyes, because that’s just how you feel every single day.
    The same thing has been happening in your digestive tract, with the inflammatory foods you’ve been eating. They’ve been irritating your gut, but you just stopped noticing because those feelings just became “the norm”. Remove those foods, however, and your digestive tract starts to heal. And that healing process can be unpleasant. Things may move too quickly, or too slowly, and cramps, bloating, gas and general discomfort are common. Ride it out, because it gets better quickly, and your digestive tract will be happier – and healthier - than it’s been in years." - whole30 team

    ReplyDelete
  2. The literature also states that lethargy is normal because my body is trying to rework where it gets its energy from:

    "Since you’ve pulled out many of the dense carbohydrate sources from your diet (like sugars, grains and legumes), your body can no longer rely on those “quick and dirty” carbs as a primary energy source. Within the first few weeks, though, your body will get better at using fat (both dietary fat and body fat) as fuel, and those symptoms will fade. In fact, once your metabolism has become “fat adapted” (efficient at burning fat for fuel), you’ll notice that your energy levels are WAY more consistent than they ever were with all those processed foods and concentrated carbs."-whole30 people

    ReplyDelete