Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Self-control

Would you believe that one of my biggest challenges is not licking my fingers (or the knife) after I make peanut butter and jelly for my boys? And it is not grabbing a handful of New Os (aka Market Pantry Honey & Nut Toasted Oats) after I pour cereal for the boys.  It's the little things...

And about that Diet Coke...  I can really live without it, but not having ANY carbonated beverage is getting old really quick.  Time to check out sparkling water!  I can squeeze a lime or lemon in it and pretend! :)

Today I do not miss sugar*, but I've fasted sugar plenty-o times so maybe that's why.  I've been a South Beach Diet girl since about 2005.

*I do get to enjoy the natural sugars in fruit a couple of times a day.

Funny note: Jordan was surprised that I could enjoy our very delicious grilled pork chop last night.  He thought if it was tasty and enjoyable that I couldn't eat it!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment