Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not Easy - Day 3

Today has been a stressful day.  And do you know what I thought would make all my stress go away?  Goldfish.  Tiny little cheddar crackers that I can load into my mouth by the handful and have no idea what damage I've done to that tiny little sack.  But... didn't happen.  Instead I took a big sip of my new favorite drink: sparkling water and lime.  Sparkling water is saving the day, my friends!

I sure do wish that I didn't get so sleepy in the afternoons -- it's like nothing satisfies or gets me out of the slump. After dinner though, I usually make a comeback.  Well, I said usually like I've been doing this my whole life.  Day 3, Anna!  Keep your perspective!

Tonight I served crackers and cheese with some leftover peppermint oreos.  I would say that I really wouldn't have minded taking a few crackers. But.... didn't happen.  While we're talking about it, I really miss my cheese.  Oh well.  This too shall pass.

Besides the goldfish I really haven't had crazy cravings -- what I miss most is being able to choose what I want when I want it.  I have relinquished control.  There is a grieving process, no?  I know that what I'll gain on the other side is worth the grief now.  So, onward Christian soldier!  Day 4 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment